SNF’s Personal Care Division offers a wide range of polymers for body, skin and hair care. These products are used as rheology modifiers, thickeners, and film formers that provide thickening, conditioning, or suspending effects to personal care formulations as well as secondary sensory benefits for rich, fresh and brillant textures.
SNF is a specialty chemical group whose products contribute to treating, recycling, preserving water, saving energy, and reducing carbon footprint. A pioneer in soft chemistry, SNF has long been present on all continents, employing 6,600 people, including 1,800 in the USA. Innovation and movement toward a cleaner, less carbon-intensive world are great accelerators of SNF’s growth.
With turnover of $3.0 Billion in 2020, SNF is the world’s leading manufacturer of water-soluble polymers and associated monomers. SNF has major production sites in the USA (Riceboro, GA; Plaquemine, LA; Pearlington, MS); Europe (France, UK); and Asia (China, India, Korea), with many smaller plants located throughout the world.
SNF is the world’s largest producer of polyacrylamide (PAM), a water-soluble polymer specifically designed to improve the quality and conservation of water. PAM has a broad variety of industrial and commercial uses as a flocculant, which facilitates the separation of suspended solids from water; as a viscosity modifier, which alters the thickness of liquids; as a drag reducer, which decreases the pressure drop along a segment of pipe; as a superabsorbent, which retains water; and many others. SNF’s PAM-based polymers improve the use and reuse of water in many markets such as:
- Municipal and industrial water treatment (incoming raw water, drinking water, and wastewater)
- Oil and gas exploration and extraction
- Mining and mineral extraction
- Pulp and paper manufacturing
- Personal care and cosmetic formulations
- Home Care, Industrial & Institutional
In addition to PAM, SNF also produces specialty chemicals and equipment that complement the application of PAM or improve water utilization:
- Coagulants (monomer DADMAC, polyDADMAC, Polyamine)
- Dispersants (various homopolymers, copolymers, and terpolymers)
- Mining Products (Xanthates, Dust Control, Defoamers, Modifiers)
- Paper Products (Retention, Drainage, Strength Polymers, Wastewater)
- Monomers (Acrylamide, ADAME/MADAME, AD/MA Quat, ATBS)
- Equipment (polymer storage/makedown/dosage control, EOR injection, PowderFrac™)
SNF products are offered in multiple packaging sizes:
- Powder Products – 55 Pound Bags, 1,650 Pound Bulk Bags, Bulk containers up to 1,200 cubic feet
- Liquid/Emulsion Products – 5 Gallon Pails, 55 Gallon Drums, 275-330 Gallon Totes, 45,000 Pound Tanker Trucks, 180,000 Pound Railcars