The Logistics Department at SNF is committed to supporting the growth of our business by providing our customers with safe, reliable, and cost-competitive transportation and logistics services.
CARRIER DEVELOPMENT, COVERAGE & MANAGEMENT
SNF endeavors daily to develop, maintain, and expand our core stable of transportation providers through:
- Multimodal, Global Transportation Coverage
- Truckload Van – Over-The-Road and Intermodal Containers
- Bulk Trucking – Liquid, Dry, and Intermodal ISO Containers
- Ocean Transport – Dry Containers, ISO Bulk, and Specialized
- Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) Carriage
- Rail–Bulk Tanks, PD Cars, and COFC Intermodal
- Air Freight, Small Package, and Specialized Services
Since SNF is certified to the Responsible Care Management System®, we qualify our carriers to RCMS, and DOT HM 2323 Standards.
CARRIER RATE NEGOTIATION AND CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
We negotiate rates and contracts that can be used for the benefit of our customers on a global basis.
CENTRALIZED DISPATCH MANAGEMENT
We manage the dispatch and scheduling of all shipments to ensure the efficient and timely shipment of our products.
RAIL-TO-TRUCK TRANSLOAD OPERATIONS
Where feasible, we have established multiple rail-to-truck transload facilities to cut costs and improve service.
In some cases, we have established strategic warehousing to support specific areas of our business.
VENDOR MANAGED INVENTORY
For some business units, we are able to provide vendor-managed inventory and replenishment.
NEW AND INNOVATIVE DELIVERY PROCESSES
We seek to provide new and innovative ways of delivering our products to our customers to support the continued growth of our mutual businesses.